I’ve been craving some banana bread lately but wasn’t really wanting standard banana bread. As much as I love banana bread, there’s really only one way to improve it. How’s that, you ask? Add chocolate, of course! And this chocolate banana bread did not disappoint! It’s moist and delicious and chocolately… Ok, back to the recipe now….
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas, from 2-3 brown bananas
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and stir well. Add the dry ingredients and beat gently until just combined. Add bananas, yogurt and vanilla and mix on low speed to combine. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let rest in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to cool completely.