I usually have an idea in my head about what my next recipe will be (and it’s always a really, really long list). But, from time to time, I solicit suggestions from my family and listen to what they would like to see on the blog next (and by blog, I mean dinner table). This recipe was the suggestion of Real Food Jr. She loves raviolis and spinach so I figured this would be a no lose recipe. And I was right! She loved the raviolis and the rest of us did too! You could pour marinara sauce on top or dip them. It took some time to put them together but they freeze well and reheat quite nicely. Raviolis just got a little healthier!
- 1 pkg won ton wrappers
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 2 containers (15 oz each) ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 teas salt
- ½ teas ground black pepper
- Sauté spinach in a little olive oil for 5 minutes or until just wilted. Let cool.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, spinach and grated cheese and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place wraps flat on a clean dry work place. Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture in the center of each wrap and brush edges of wrap with water. Place a second wrap on top and and crimp edges together tightly with a fork or ravioli press.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place on baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush ravioli lightly with olive oil and bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Dip in marinara sauce or pour over top. Enjoy!